DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
For More Information Contact: National Scholarships Office – email@example.com
Who Can Apply: US Citizens and permanent residents and non-US Citizens who have studied in the US for more than one year – Sophomores, Juniors – GPA of 3.5 or higher recommended
Description: Highly qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for scholarships funding study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany. The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities. Preference will be given to students whose projects or programs are based at and organized by a German university. Scholarships are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or year. Scholarships may be for between 4 and 10 months (one or two semesters).
Program Preferences: The DAAD selection committee is looking for students who:
1. Are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
Are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
3. Possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
4. Have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany.
5. Submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
6. Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
7. Are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
Award Amount: Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
Duration: Four to ten months during the German academic year.
National Deadline: January 31, 2018