Advice: Sample Resume
1234 Flower Ave. Takoma Park, MD 20912
Cell:(301) 555-1234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2012 – Present University of Maryland, College Park
- Government and Politics major (3.8 GPA in major), Chinese minor (3.7 GPA in minor), Cumulative GPA of 3.6
- Anticipated study abroad in Hangzhou, China, through CET’s intensive language immersion program. (Spring 2009)
- Relevant Coursework: US Government, Introduction to the History of China, Third Year Chinese, US-Chinese Relations, Economics.
Summer 2008 Middlebury College’s Summer Intensive Chinese Language Program
- Completed Second-Year Chinese in intensive 9-week program. 3.6 GPA
- Recipient of the Kathryn Davis Fellowship for Peace to support studies at Middlebury College.
- Winner of the Elie Wiesel Essay Contest. Essay entitled, “Bei Dao and the Spirit of the Tianamen Square Protests of 1989”
- Language House, Chinese Cluster (Fall 2008 – present)
- Roosevelt Institution (Fall 2007 – present)
- Organized campaign for China Earthquake Relief
RELEVENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Fall 2007 – Present Assistant, Language Media Services
- Provide technological support to faculty using language media in the classroom.
LANGUAGES AND TRAVEL
Hungarian: native speaker
English: native-like speaker
Chinese: low intermediate
Spanish: high beginner